Monday, October 25, 2010

Every pound lost is a blessing!! - Just a check in.

I am so excited! I weighed in on the 13th for the first time. By last Monday I hadn't lost anything, hadn't really even started, so no surprise there. On Tuesday I bought healthy food. Since then I have been eating healthy home cooked meals. I've been watching portions, and not snacking thoughtlessly. I have even stayed out of fast food, as hard as those first 3 days were!! I haven't had caffeine, though I have had a soda. Did you hear that "a" soda. Not some sodas, not a 6 pack..just 1!!!! I did "cheat" on Sunday and had breakfast tacos. We do this every Sunday before Church, so I didn't feel it was something I had to cut. Its not a daily thing, and if I can keep on track the rest of the week, I don't think that one meal will hurt me.
I weighed in last week and had lost 1 lb. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs!

Want to know a little of what I've been eating? (just a short list, no recipes).

I've had....
Turkey Chili
Chili Pita Pocket leftovers
Brown Rice "fried" rice with cabbage and peas. (DH had beef tips and gravy over rice that night so I took the leftover rice and made myself healthy fried rice!)
Turkey Pita Pockets
Spaghetti (small portion)
BBQ (small portion, at DH's 10 year reunion)
Egg, bell pepper, mushroom scrambles.
and tonight I'll be having beans in the crockpot with Deer/wild hog sausage (so its lean, trust me, I butchered the hog myself in January before sending to processing and I trimmed almost all the fat!)

I've been drinking water and 1% milk. I need to get more water in.
I feel pretty good. Still have some Caffeine headaches, but other than that, more energy! Yay.

Oh and for fun, because I know people like pics, I'll post my family pic from Saturday evening after DH's reunion. You can see more of a "full body" in this pic!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay Sheila! That is some good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Diva!! We're here with you cheering yall all the way!BTW- put that sunday morning breakfast burrito on a high fiber tortillas and make sure to watch your salt and its a healtyier option that you think it is!

    ReplyDelete